Friday, September 26, 2014

15mm Alien Grav-Tank WIP



This is the result of three or four hours of work, so I think it's an indicator that I'm getting better at this Sketchup thing.  It would still need substantial improvement (especially greeblies), but it's not a bad start, if I do say so myself.  I'm not sure that I like the cockpit concept well enough to keep it;  it reminds me too strongly of the droid ships from that horrid blight on our society that was the Star Wars prequel trilogy.
This was largely an exercise in what I could do with curves and asymmetrical design.  Symmetry is something that I'm naturally prone to, so deliberately designing something that is asymmetrical is really quite difficult for me.  At the same time, I recognize that alien beings who are not bound by human notions of balance, beauty, or form might readily and easily utilize asymmetrical design as part of their design norms.  Plus, and this is of vital importance to the science-fiction crowd, it can look really cool.  Cases in point:



Hopefully this will be a workable starting point for one of the indie mini producers I've already been working with!





This little marionette (not my work -- pulled it off the Sketchup Warehouse) is 15mm tall, from toes to nonexistant-nose.



No comments:

Post a Comment